Saturday, July 17, 2010

Mmmmm, granola

Lately, I've been craving granola. Sweet, slightly salty, crunchy goodness atop a mound of yogurt and topped with fresh sweet berries. Yum!
This is one of my all time favorite breakfasts. Since we recently moved, I haven't quite found everything yet. One of those things happens to be my recipes including my granola recipe. So, I hit the web and found a great recipe at Homesick Texan. If you like granola you have to try Uncle Austin's Granola recipe posted on her site. It's delicious and makes a ton! I made two different batches one with craisins and one without. Both had cashews, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, and almonds.

Thursday, I canned peaches and last night I discovered a great new snack. Inspired by apple crisp, I took some of the granola and sprinkled it on a few peaches. It was amazingly tasty. Home canned peaches are nothing like store bought canned peaches, but if that's all you've got, give it a try. Fresh peaches would probably taste good too.

Got a favorite granola recipe? How do you like to eat your granola? Please share. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment